Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Thank God...

That a few years ago my DEAR FRIEND Jessica Cubbler (whom we had the most lovely dinner with last night at their lovely home) invited Jess and I to accompany her to the Church her parents attended! It was shortly after we moved to Yuba City from Lincoln, while I was still pregnant with Drew! We left our beloved little Church in Lincoln, and were looking for something in Yuba City!

Because of that invite...we have found it! It is a wonderful church in which we JUST NOW became offical members of! Today my Darling husband, along with my Very Darling Sister-in-Law Shannon, and her sister and Brother in Law stood before the entire Church and were welcomed in the most lovely little New Member welcoming ceremony by Pastor Gary Moore! AS we were standing up there all of the sudden it hit me that I was standing in the very same spot that Jake's was in During his Funeral! It had me overwhelmed with emotion....wishing SOOO BADLY he was there with us! I was trying VERY hard to fight back the tears...and I did pretty good! It made it extremely hard as I held Shannon's sweet little hand watching her tears stream down her face! I wish I could take her hurt away! I can't express how badly we miss him! But it was a Lovely day...one I'm very thankful for!

We all had Lunch together, then Jess & the boys headed to his parents house for out early St. Patty's Day CORNED BEEF & CABBAGE!! Yummmmmmy! My mother-in-law is THE BEST COOK!! And that is one of my favorite dishes she makes....I wait ALL year for it! I'm very thankful for my Precious In-Law's they are the best!

My boy's and their cousin Wes



I had quite a Fabulous Day, full of FUN...and am Feeling Very Blessed Today!


I'd feel a LOT MORE BLESSED if I had my mother & sister here too. Wink Wink MOM!!



Life Is Good...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on becoming members Jacklyn! That is wonderful! I LOVE when Sundays feel so perfect...It reminds me of being little...I felt like I grew up in our church, your children will be so blessed that you are building such a strong foundation in them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs